2017 Otago Wildlife Photography Competition
18th Annual Otago Wildlife Photography Competition 2017
Showcase your creative talent and skills behind the camera in Otago Museum’s 18th annual Otago Wildlife Photography Competition.
Enter your best Plant, Animal, Pets, Night Skies or Human Impact on the Environment shots, or videos of Wildlife in Action, to be in to win great prizes and the chance to feature in the Museum’s 2017 Otago Wildlife Photography Exhibition.
With the support of Jonathan’s Photo Warehouse, Canon, and the Otago Daily Times, the annual competition gives the region’s amateurs a stage for their talents, serving as a reminder of the natural beauty on offer all around us.
Competition opens 14 November 2016 to all amateur photographers and videographers resident in Otago, and closes 3 March 2017. Competition winners will be announced on Saturday 25 March 2017 at the prize-giving and exhibition opening.
- Competition open to all amateur photographers and videographers resident in Otago.
- Maximum five photo entries and two videos entries per person in any category or combination of categories.
- Minimum file size 1MB
- Maximum file size 10MB
- Photos must be submitted as JPEG files
- Printed images will be printed in the format of 8in x 10in (20cm x 25cm) and at 2400 pixels x 3000 pixels
- We advise to leave the format of your image in rectangle shape; images will be cropped to 8in x 10in (20cm x 25cm)
- Borders, watermarks or signatures should not be included
- Maximum video length 12 seconds
- Maximum file size 50MB
- Video format H264 codec (.mov or .mp4)
- Resolution 720p or 1080p
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Bitrate: 20mbps max
Read Full Terms and Conditions of Entry here.
Submit entries to Otago Museum here.