This event has passed.
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor adventure happening all the time, all around the world.
Using a geocaching app or GPS device you can solve puzzles and navigate to hidden containers called geocaches. There are millions of geocaches in 190 countries waiting to be discovered – there are probably some near you right now!
Geocaching offers something for everyone, it's a great way to find remarkable destinations you might not otherwise explore, to learn more about your surroundings – and provides an excuse to get off the couch.
The Geocaching International Film Festival started in 2013 to share epic geocaching moments captured on camera. This year there are 16 finalists but only one can earn the Signal Award.
Join local geocachers from 2pm to find out more about geocaching and how to get started. The films will show between 2.30pm and 3.30pm. Voting slips will be collected at 3.35pm and the Dunedin winner will be announced at 3.45pm.
There is a virtual souvenir available this year to geocachers who attend this event.
- The Night I Became a Were-Cacher • Fluffnight & kttyquest • Canada
- Finding our family's lost monument through Geocaching • rolfdenver • USA
- Geo • ZippyZipperZoo • USA
- Geocaching documentary: Winter caching in Finland • weellu & Harjus • Finland
- I Am Geocache • Skimbosh • USA
- All you need is CACHE • slynie • France
- Justice GIFF League • Team AlboGIFF • Spain
- Geocaching in the Change of Time • Team GC-Therapiegruppe • Germany
- Geocaching is Awesome • Bretonv • Canada
- One day • Team URNA • Czechia
- Why I Geocache • TeamScortney • USA
- Six Techniques Geocaching • F1ndmycache • France
- Geocache Mojo • jellyfishumbrella • USA
- Little Helpers from Outer Space • Team Cassiopeia • Germany
- TFTC • treasurehuntergd • Germany
- COMA • Team CoMiKa • Spain
2pm–4pm, Saturday 10 November