The world's first laser-activated digital gallery
- Explore the incredible nature of science through 12 interactive screens
- Use laser-activated technology to explore the landscapes, seasons and stories of the south
- Activate QR codes to connect with real-time science, and post Tweets on the screens
Developed in 2015, the immersive Beautiful Science gallery connects the things we see and do with the cutting-edge science behind them.
The gallery reveals a new way of seeing Otago and beyond. Use the laser beams to direct your exploration of the multi-layered digital canvases, scrolling through and digging down into the videos and images to guide your experience.
Facts and figures
- Over 1,200 pieces of media make up the 4.5m x 2m screens
- 150 multimedia stories, plus immersive moments
- Data and media contributed from Otago Daily Times, NHNZ, MetService, NIWA, DOC, and many other individuals, organizations and institutions
Exhibition design and production by the Gibson Group.