2019 Otago Wildlife Photography Competition
20th Annual Otago Wildlife Photography Competition 2019
Otago Museum’s 20th annual Otago Wildlife Photography Competition is now open for entries
Enter your best photos or videos and be in to win great prizes and the chance to feature in the Museum’s 2019 Otago Wildlife Photography Exhibition.
This year we’ll also be poring over the last ten years of winning entries to find the Otago Wildlife Photographer of the Decade. Who will join Craig McKenzie, the first holder of this prestigious title, in the Otago Wildlife Photography Competition hall of fame?
To help you hone your photography skills, Otago Museum will be running various talks, workshops and field trips throughout the competition period. Keep an eye on our website or join our mailing list to receive details direct to your inbox.
Find out more about the different entry categories below.
- Competition open to all amateur photographers and videographers resident in Otago.
- Maximum five photo entries and two videos entries per person in any category or combination of categories.
- Minimum file size 1MB
- Maximum file size 10MB
- Photos must be submitted as JPEG files
- Printed images will be printed in the format of 8in x 10in (20cm x 25cm) and at 2400 pixels x 3000 pixels
- We advise to leave the format of your image in rectangle shape; images will be cropped to 8in x 10in (20cm x 25cm)
- Borders, watermarks or signatures should not be included
- Maximum video length 30 seconds
- Maximum file size 50MB
- Video format H264 codec (.mov or .mp4)
- Resolution 720p or 1080p
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Bitrate: 20mbps max
Competition closes on Friday 1 March 2019.
Read Full Terms and Conditions of Entry here.
Submit entries to Otago Museum here.